Where purpose meets passion.
We’re thrilled to offer career opportunities that will ignite your passion and empower you to create a lasting impact.
As an integral part of our team, you’ll be at the forefront of revolutionizing healthcare access and improving the lives of the patients we serve. Accessia Health provides a supportive and collaborative work environment, where your ideas are valued, and innovation is encouraged.
With a diverse and talented workforce, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from industry experts, collaborate with like-minded individuals, and contribute to cutting-edge projects that have a real-world impact.
Your career awaits at Accessia Health — where purpose meets passion.
Accessia Health is a nonprofit patient assistance organization that supports individual living with rare or chronic health conditions. With 75+ disease programs and over $1 billion in assistance distributed, we provide case management, education, and financial support for health insurance premiums, medication copayments, travel, and other essential medical expenses. We speak health and human.
Reporting to the Controller, our Accountant is responsible for Accessia Health’s accounts receivable and state filing requirements. This role will assist with maintaining an accurate general ledger, month-end close, year-end audits, and accounts payable. This role has a target salary of $55,000 to $65,000 annually, based upon various factors including location, experience, and education.
I. Timely and accurate processing of Accounts Receivable.
- Process and distribute invoices monthly, quarterly and on request
- Accurately post cash receipts
- Assist various departments with status of the donations, collections, and related information
- Track and acknowledge donations
- Compile and distribute weekly A/R aging report
II. Ensures compliance with all State and Local mandated filing requirements.
- Monitor changes and maintain compliance with State, and Local filing requirements
- Gather financial data to prepare state filing documents
- Coordinate with Registered Agent to retain compliance in all states
- Complete US Census and Department of Labor inquiries
III. Ensures monthly close is completed by the established deadline.
- Prepare and post journal entries, reconciling journal entries and any requests for general ledger adjustments by the Controller
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Maintain and update Fixed Assets
- Track and maintain prepaid expenses and amortization
- Perform and post indirect expense allocations
IV. Assists with year-end audits.
- Assist with preparation of year-end financial and program audits
- Close and validate fiscal periods in the financial accounting system
V. Other functions and duties as directed by the Controller and VP, Finance and Administration.
- Serve as backup for Accounts Payable
- Record investment income; scan and file investment statements
- Compile data to be used for financial analysis
- Other duties as directed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting, government funding, non-profit or related field
- Knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel and other job-related programs and software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP and Management Reporter preferred
- Hybrid work schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 15 days of Paid Time Off to start
- 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Fully paid life insurance with optional voluntary buy-up coverage
- Fully paid short and long-term disability insurance
To apply for a position, please submit your resume to Human.Resources@accessiahealth.org with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe that patients deserve comprehensive support throughout their healthcare journey. We see individuals for who they truly are. This means our diverse clients, partners and staff have the power, voice and agency to shape programs and operations.
Within Accessia Health, we actively work to end all forms of systemic discrimination and foster an inclusive working environment where everyone feels respected, heard, valued and supported.
This means that we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. We want to hear from you because diversity, in all forms, is honored and respected at Accessia Health.